It’s Dine Out Vancouver Year 16 – Now until Feb 4th!
How much fun is this?
There are over 300 restaurants signed up to host Dine Out Vancouver Food Fanatics and every year we keep creating bigger line ups.
It’s a great success story and one Vancouver and Tourism Vancouver can be proud of.
16 years ago it started as an idea. As one of the originals Tim Pawsey says the idea was simply – “Let’s put Bums in Seats”
This year the food media gathered in the H2 Restaurant/Bar in The Westin Bayshore. We ate small bites, tasting BC VQA wines and everyone was asking the same question – where are we going?
We were rounded up in groups of 5 to 10 people and off we went in trolley cars and busses.
From what I can remember – this is what happened and who I talked to –what a night!
- Lucas Pavan Producer of Dine Out. (Tourism Vancouver)
- Jason Ocenas Manager of Township 7 Langley
- Allison Scholefield Haywire. Okanagan Crush Pad
- Lyndsay O’Rourke Winemaker/Co-Owner Tightrope Winery
- Tim Pawsey The Hired Belly
- Amber Sessions Tourism Vancouver
- Howard Soon Chief Winemaker Vanessa Vineyards
- Laura Serena Serena PR (original Media contact Year 1)
- Laura Kittmer Wine BC
- Grant Nelson GM Victor at Parq Vancouver
- Valerio Pescetelli Exec Chef Victor
- Filippo Bevilacqua Bev Manager/Sommelier
- Jade Dynasty Old School Dim Sum
- Joscelyn Werner Canadian Craft Tours
- Justin Tisdall co-owner Juke Fried Chicken
- Jean-Sebastien Dupuis Homer Street Café (Beverage Director)
- Chris West Homer Street Café ( Chef de Cuisine)
STORIES WE’RE WORKING ON:
Harry Hertscheg – Wine Fest Update
Sam Sifton New York Times Food Critic (on Canadian Food)
DJ Kearney – NewDistrict.ca
Bill Jones – Foraging Classes in March
Van Wine Fest – 2 one hour specials